Tuesday, March 29, 2011

STYLE OBSESSION: Lace & Crochet



With this post I launch my "Style Obsession" series, in which I will showcase a certain trend/item I'm lusting for right now accompanied by a selection of images for your (and mine) fashion inspiration.
I love this current lace and crochet trend for allowing to create a sexy and provocative image, but leaving a lot to imagination at the same time (if worn right of course). Crochet dresses and tops give plenty of room for play - the effect (bold or demure) depends entirely on what you wear underneath - a skinny top/dress, a slip or a minimalist bra. And of course crochet vests is a gorgeous element for summertime layering. As for lacy tops, I like the fact that they often look so much like old-fashioned lingerie (as seen above in a photo of Dolce & Gabbana spring/summer 2011 show) or nighties, while a subtle lace dress (like the one from ASOS or Zara below) creates a sweetly romantic look.

ASOS




ZARA



DOROTHY PERKINS

STRADIVARIUS
MIRABELLA

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...